About the Course
Ensure your learning is meaningful and effective by designing for the 5 Moments of Learning Need. This course arms and certifies you with the skills you need to actually make the shift and successfully meet your learners where they need you—on-the-job.
Transform your mindset from one of training to performance-first. The program's instructional design approach addresses all 5 Moments of Need—when people need to:
- Learn something new
- Learn more about what they’ve learned
- Apply what they have learned
- Unlearn in order to relearn because of change
- Solve a problem
In this course you will learn: About:
- The 5 Moments of Learning Need
- Train, Transfer and Sustain
- Performance Support
- The Performance Support Pyramid
- Job Tasks Analysis
- Critical Skills Analysis
- Conduct Rapid Job Task Analysis
- Conduct Critical Skills Analysis
- Map the Workflow
- Make a LEAP Plan
- Develop an EPSS POC
Your Facilitator guides you through this iterative approach for instructional design. It uniquely addresses the entire learning continuum—from the initial stage of formal learning (the “10” in 70:20:10) through its transition to effective performance on the job (the “70:20”).
Course Format & Time Commitment
This course employs an approach to virtual instructor-led training in which you can achieve outcomes that can surpass traditional face-to-face training. The approach— called the GEAR (Gather, Expand, Apply, and Receive) methodology—is a blended approach that spreads learning out over time. This allows you to immediately apply what you learn in the context of your own work. Over weeks of immersion in the 5 Moments of Need instructional design approach, you will Gather to experience:
- Five live 2~3 hour virtual sessions that introduce you to the 5 Moments of Need instructional design approach.
- Four live 2-hour virtual feedback sessions to support you as you put the 5 Moments of Need instructional design approach into practice.
- Around-the-clock access to an electronic performance support system (EPSS) that supports you in the application of the 5 Moments of Need instructional design approach
What Participants are Saying
“Adopting the 5 Moments of Need methodology fundamentally changed the relationship our L&D group has with its clients and the value we bring to them. The real business problems are identified faster, learning solutions are more targeted and better balanced, resources are able to be spread further, and results are easier to pinpoint.”- Jeremy Smith, Senior Manager Global Learning Solutions Herman Miller
"Critical Skills Analysis has given us what we need to optimize our training effort. We’ve reduced our training time and increased our effectiveness because of it.” - Certified 5 Moments of Need Designer
"I use the skills and knowledge gained in the course every day. The process of certification helped me turn the corner in my Performer Support expertise.” - Certified 5 Moments of Need Designer
"We were attempting to apply the 5 Moments of Need methodology prior to participating in the course. The course definitely made us more proficient and consistent.”- 5 Moments of Need Designer Certificate Holder
Policies and Cancellations
- Full participants have the duration of the certificate +3 months to complete all assignments satisfactorily to earn the Certificate.
- Participants can request and pay for an extension of 3 months to complete the Certificate. This provides access to the EPSS for an additional 3 months as well ($499).
- The EPSS is available to students for one year after the completion of the program.
- Paid participants may request and receive a full refund (less $100 processing fee) if cancellation notice is given 30 days or more in advance of the class.
- Paid participants may request and receive a 50% refund if cancellation notice is given between 5 and 30 days of the start of the class.
- No refunds are granted within 5 days of the start of a class.
- A group of more than 5 from the same company registering and paying at the same time is eligible for the discounted rate of $1795/pp.